Brampton Park Golf Club members raised money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- Credit: David Norman
Two members from Brampton Park Golf Club have raised money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Richard and Lynne Fitzjohn have completed a sponsored walk for the NHS and to provide some personal support to their local hospital.
On Monday May 1, they undertook a sponsored walk from their home in Great Stukeley,
With their golf trolleys and clubs, they walked across the fields to Huntingdon Racecourse, and then on to the golf club.
They managed, with the support from golf club members and friends of members to raise a £2,438.00, with one of their men’s captains clients putting in a generous £1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Richard and Lynne said: “We are all aware of the debt of gratitude we owe to the people who work for the NHS and look after and care for us all, but particularly at this crisis time, they risk their lives to care for the unfortunate people who have contracted this terrible virus.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'