Rotary club raised money for Huntingdon boxing club
- Credit: Archant
The Huntingdon Cromwell Rotary Club raised more £2,500 at a boxing event last month (January).
Boxing bouts, organised by the CambPol boxing club, took place at the Burgess Hall, in St Ives, and the Reg Dixon cup was handed out.
Reg Dixon is a former member of the rotary club who passed away last year.
The cup was awarded to Christine Taylor, who took over the running of the boxing club for several months, by Reg's son Peter.
Spokesman for the rotary club, Michael Day, said: "The event was very successful and is the boxing club's main fund-raiser."
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly attended the event.
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge