Rotary club raised money for Huntingdon boxing club
- Credit: Archant
The Huntingdon Cromwell Rotary Club raised more £2,500 at a boxing event last month (January).
Boxing bouts, organised by the CambPol boxing club, took place at the Burgess Hall, in St Ives, and the Reg Dixon cup was handed out.
Reg Dixon is a former member of the rotary club who passed away last year.
The cup was awarded to Christine Taylor, who took over the running of the boxing club for several months, by Reg's son Peter.
Spokesman for the rotary club, Michael Day, said: "The event was very successful and is the boxing club's main fund-raiser."
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly attended the event.
- 1 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 4 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order