Misconduct hearing of Cambridgeshire officer found ‘no case to answer’
- Credit: Archant
A misconduct hearing has ruled that a Cambridgeshire police officer who was accused of saying all black people who come from London are “lying b********” has no case to answer.
PC Rodger White attended a three-day hearing at Wyboston Lakes Conference Centre this week following allegations he breached the standards of professional behaviour and in particular the standards relating to equality and diversity.
The panel today (November 2) found there was no case to answer and therefore no disciplinary action will be taken.
According to documents released ahead of the hearing, PC White was alleged to have made the remarks during a shift with the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit on November 15, last year.
During the hearing, colleagues of PC White gave evidence relating to the incident which was alleged to have taken place when the road policing team were taking a refreshment break at the Brampton Hut Services.
You may also want to watch:
The hearing was told that PC White was discussing the stop of an uninsured driver which had been conducted earlier on the shift.
During the hearing, PC White denied he had made a racist remark and insisted his comments had been twisted.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache