Milestone million passengers for guided busway
THE guided bus is expected to pick up its millionth passenger this month.
Transport bosses at Cambridgeshire County Council and one of the service operators, Stagecoach, anticipate that the milestone journey will take place early in 2012.
Stagecoach boss Andy Campbell told The Hunts Post: “It’s come round a lot sooner than we anticipated that it would happen but we are very pleased that it has been so well received.”
He added: “We expect to break the 2.5million-passenger mark within the first year. We are looking to order some new buses to help cope with demand in the summer.”
Mr Campbell said he anticipates ordering eight new buses and said: “We haven’t finalised what services we will offer but will look at increasing the frequency of existing buses. It will be good news for passengers.”
You may also want to watch:
Local firm Whippet Coaches also runs services on the guided busway.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured