Fenstanton man denies carrying out series of armed robberies
- Credit: Archant
A man from Fenstanton has denied carrying out a series of armed robberies that took place last month.
Michael Esaw, 31, of Low Road, was arrested following raids in March and Chatteris, in Fenland, on January 25.
Today (Tuesday), Esaw pleaded not guilty to three counts of attempted armed robbery at Peterborough Crown Court.
Craig Downer, 28, of York Road, in Wisbech, was also arrested in connection with the incidents and pleaded not guilty at the same hearing.
It is alleged that Esaw and Downer carried out at the raids at Cost Cutter in St Peter’s Road, March; at Robin Hood Service Station in Wimblington Road, March; and at Applegreen in West Park Street, Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
The pair were remanded and a trial date was set for June 3.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes