Memorial service event at Hinchingbrooke Hospital for families to remember loved ones
- Credit: Archant
Families who want to remember loved ones who have died at Hinchingbrooke Hospital are invited to attend a memorial service.
The Time to Remember event has been organised by the hospital’s chaplain, Scott Watts, and members of the Trust’s bereavement team and staff from the critical care unit.
The event will take place on Sunday, February 21 in the Partnership Suite at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
The Rev Watts, who is employed by the hospital to care for the pastoral, spiritual and religious needs of patients, relatives, staff and volunteers, says the service, which he hopes will become an annual event, will include elements aimed at children and families.
“We wanted to create something that is for all faiths, or those of no faith, in a neutral space that will have a sacred feel. There will be some hymns and general prayer and a chance to light a candle in memory of a loved one and release a balloon. Visitors will also be given a flower to take away with them.”
You may also want to watch:
Those who attend will give the name of their loved one on arrival and the names will be read out to allow relatives to come forward and light a candle. Refreshments will be served after the event, which should last for around 40 minutes.
The Rev Watts said he hoped people would come along and share their experiences of loss.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
INFO: email: email@example.com or call 01480 847474.