Police holding fraud awareness events in town
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public are invited to attend an event designed to clamp down on fraud and scams.
PCSO Karen Davey, from the St Neots neighbourhood policing team, has been running a series of events at banks in the town including Barclays, Lloyds, Natwest and Santander.
The next event is due to take place on September 26 at Barclays, in High Street, between 9.30am and 12pm.
PCSO Davey will be on hand to answer questions alongside community safety officer Clare Darbyshire and staff from the bank.
PCSO Davey said: "We are working in partnership with the banks to safeguard people's finances and give them the confidence they need to deal with any unwanted calls and texts they receive.
You may also want to watch:
"The banks where we've held the events have already noticed a reduction in the number of fraud and scams they are reporting."
You can report fraud to Action Fraud - the UK's national reporting centre. Visit www.actionfraud.police.uk or call 0300 123 2040.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 3 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 4 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 7 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 8 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space