Police holding fraud awareness events in town
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public are invited to attend an event designed to clamp down on fraud and scams.
PCSO Karen Davey, from the St Neots neighbourhood policing team, has been running a series of events at banks in the town including Barclays, Lloyds, Natwest and Santander.
The next event is due to take place on September 26 at Barclays, in High Street, between 9.30am and 12pm.
PCSO Davey will be on hand to answer questions alongside community safety officer Clare Darbyshire and staff from the bank.
PCSO Davey said: "We are working in partnership with the banks to safeguard people's finances and give them the confidence they need to deal with any unwanted calls and texts they receive.
You may also want to watch:
"The banks where we've held the events have already noticed a reduction in the number of fraud and scams they are reporting."
You can report fraud to Action Fraud - the UK's national reporting centre. Visit www.actionfraud.police.uk or call 0300 123 2040.
- 1 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 2 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 3 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs
- 4 Man with learning disability raises money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Village Focus: Brampton 'a fabulous village to live in'
- 6 Huntingdon Covid-19 response team visit Glebe Farm
- 7 Muddy ditch rescue and swooping pigeons - life as a Modern Mum
- 8 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 9 Man's frozen windscreen caused serious crash
- 10 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate