Prestigious awards given to members of the Rotary Voices Choir
- Credit: Hunts Post
Two members of the Rotary Voices Choir have been presented with a prestigious award.
Chris Shannon, a member of the Huntingdon Cromwell Rotary Club and Musical Director of the choir has received a Sapphire Pin.
Alisdair Wotherspoon, also a member of the Huntingdon Cromwell Rotary Club and a singer in the choir has received the Paul Harris Fellowship award.
They were both presented with these at an annual Christmas concert that took place on December 10 at St Mary Magdalene Church, in Brampton.
Chris Shannon was overjoyed to receive his award, and he said: “I set the Rotary Voices Choir up more than five years ago, members from the Ramsey and St Ives Rotary clubs also sing in this choir.
“I am absolutely delighted with the choir’s performance at the concert and the presentation of the pin.”
The concert was organised by the Huntingdon Cromwell Rotary Club and the Huntingdon Cromwell Club.
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 5 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 6 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 7 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 10 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
The choir are set to perform in several venues in the new year, including a spring concert.