Medal-winner goes back to school after letters from pupils
- Credit: Archant
Paralympic medallist Lauren Steadman went back to school last week as she visited Great Gidding Primary to the delight of pupils.
After watching her take silver in the paratriathlon in Rio, youngsters at the school were tasked with writing letters to the former pupil congratulating her.
Teacher, Emma Penniall said: “We couldn’t believe it when all the pupils got personal letters from her and then she said she would really love to come back to her old school.”
During her visit Lauren showed off her medals and then put the school’s 56 pupils through their paces with a warm up session and then a mile run.
“The whole school was absolutely on a high. It was amazing to have her here,” added Ms Penniall.
You may also want to watch:
According to the school the athlete loved being back at the school so much that she has offered to come back for the school’s sports day next year.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding