Mayor swaps her robes for sponges at charity car wash
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Godmanchester joined youth councillors as they hosted a charity car wash at the weekend.
Councillor Sarah Conboy helped clean more than 30 cars with members of the town’s youth council on Sunday, raising funds for her charities as well as children and young people in Godmanchester.
The youth councillors will help to decide how funds are used to benefit Godmanchester’s younger residents.
Cllr Conboy said: “We have a great youth council in Godmanchester. These young people meet with town councillors each month and give their input into a wide range of community issues.
“Any young person aged 11-23 years who lives in the town can become a youth councillor and we would be delighted to have some new members.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more, email the clerk to Godmanchester Town Council at email@example.com.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'