Mayor helps put finishing touch on new care home
- Credit: Archant
A ceremony was held last week to mark the placing of the final roof tile at a new care home in Eaton Socon.
The topping out ceremony, at the Nelson Lodge care home in Whinfell Close, off Nelson Road, was attended by St Neots mayor, Councillor Derek Giles and mayoress Councillor Sandie Giles. The 64-bed facility, which will be run by Anchor Care, will provide care for older people as well as specialist dementia care, is due to open next spring.
At the ceremony, Anchor’s care services director, Mark Greaves, said: “This is a proud moment for Anchor and it’s wonderful that the mayor and mayoress of St Neots joined us to celebrate this milestone in the construction of what will be a fantastic care home. It’s exciting to see how Nelson Lodge is developing and to show people the high specification the home will have when it is finished.”
Christine Cooper, project director for LNT Care Developments, the construction partner building Nelson Lodge, added: “LNT are delighted to be working in partnership with Anchor on this development. As well as being a great place to live, this home will benefit from renewable energy sources, such as ground source heat pumps to provide under-floor heating and solar thermal panels for hot water provision.”
The facility will inclue a hair and beauty salon, quiet and social lounges on each floor, a tea room and landscaped gardens.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: for more information on Nelson Lodge call 0800 731 2020 or visit: www.anchor.org.uk.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens