Mascot needed for St Neots Town FC
CHILDREN are being encouraged to let their imaginations run wild in a competition to design a new mascot for a Huntingdonshire football club.
St Neots Town FC has launched a competition to find a design for its mascot – with the winner expected to be announced in early April.
“There are no rules to the designs and it doesn’t have to be something that relates to the club badge,” club spokesman Lee Kearns said.
The competition, sponsored by Blue Prawn Ltd, is open to school children in St Neots and the surrounding villages, with teachers being asked to submit a winning design from each school year.
The club then plans to produce a top 20 from the entries that will go on display at the club on Love’s Farm, St Neots, before the club president, manager and community representatives choose the over all winner.
You may also want to watch:
Every school that enters will be given a signed St Neots shirt while the winner will get the chance to work with Blue Prawn to bring the mascot life. They will also be invited meet the players on a match day.
INFORMATION: The deadline for entries in February 28. To find out more e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer