Marks and Spencer announces opening date for Huntingdon branch
- Credit: Archant
Marks and Spencer has announced it will open its store at Chequers Court in Huntingdon on September 6.
An opening ceremony will take place at 10am as the store’s 60 new employees welcome the first customers into the branch.
Customers can expect a selection of food and drink ranges as well as a 24-seat café to relax in after browsing the store.
A spokesman for M&S said: “Whether customers are looking for a special weekend treat or a mid-week meal, the new store will offer an exciting range of products from a show-stopping collection of slow cooked meats, spicy dressings, salads and easy-to-use cooking kits.
“An in-store bakery will also display a range of tempting baked specialty breads, pastries and cakes.”
You may also want to watch:
Jo Malin, who will manage the new store, has been working for M&S since she was 17-years-old and has worked in a variety stores across the region.
She said: “The team and I are really excited to be bringing M&S back to Huntingdon and showcasing the very best of M&S food and drink. We’ll have everything needed in store to prepare a delicious meal – whether its fresh ingredients accompanied by our speciality Cook With range or a seasonal salad to pair with one our prepared meals.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
“As a team we’ll be working hard over the coming weeks to ensure we offer the very best service, putting our customers at the heart of everything we do and making this store a part of the local community.”
Customers will also be able to take advantage of the Collect in Store service which provides the option of having M&S.com orders delivered to the store the next day free of charge.
The store’s opening hours will be 8am-8pm, Monday to Saturday, and 10am-4pm on Sunday.
As well as M&S, the Chequers Court development is also set to welcome Caffe Nero, Next, and TK Maxx in the coming weeks and months. Costa Coffee will also have an outlet within the Next store.
Building work has been taking place at the former Inland Revenue site for more than a year, with the premises expected to be complete by the autumn.