Marathon effort for Huntingdon Specsavers staff
SPEC-TACULAR EFFORT: STAFF at Specsavers in Huntingdon literally went the extra mile – running the equivalent of a marathon on a treadmill.
The team at the High Street opticians were supporting their colleague, who is running the real London Marathon later this year.
Optometrist Lesley Coles, together with businessman Ross Paterson, will be running in aid of Sue Ryder Cancer Care and VICTA, the charity for visually impaired children.
Specsavers held a variety of fundraising activities over the Easter weekend to help raise money for Lesley, including face painting, an in-store Easter egg hunt for customers, as well as store staff completing the marathon distance on the treadmill.
Store director Zuher Gulamhusein said: “We’re delighted to be supporting both Lesley and Ross. Running the marathon is an extremely hard challenge and requires strength and determination.”
You may also want to watch:
Lesley said: “We chose the charities we wanted to fundraise for at the start of the year, based on their connection with the job we do at Specsavers. The chosen charities perform truly life-changing services and we’re delighted to be supporting the important work they do.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph