Man treated for ‘life changing’ injury after collision in Eaton Socon
- Credit: Archant
A man has suffered a life-changing leg injury after being involved in a crash with a car in Eaton Socon yesterday morning (Sunday).
Magpas Helimedix were called at about 10.48am to reports of a collision in Duloe Road between a pedestrian, in his 70s, and a car, with the East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) and Cambridgeshire police also in attendance.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Magpas enhanced medical team used their expert skills and knowledge to assess the patient.
“The doctor and paramedic team then gave the man advanced pain relief and worked alongside an EEAST paramedic crew to straighten and splint his leg.
“They then accompanied the patient by land ambulance to Bedford Hospital.”
The spokesman added that the man was in a stable condition upon arrival at hospital.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman