Man trapped after lorry overturns on A14
A 30 YEAR old man was rushed to hospital after the lorry he was travelling in overturned near Brampton last night.
The casualty had to be cut out by firefighters from the lorry which had overturned on the eastbound carriageway of the A14 underneath the flyover with the A1 at Brampton Hut.
He was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital about 8pm. Ambulance crew reported him as conscious and breathing when they arrived, and it is believed he sustained just minor injuries.
Firefighters also had to work fast to stop diesel from the damaged lorry leaking into nearby watercourses.
The road was closed for six hours while police and recovery teams cleared up the area.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines were called to the scene from Huntingdon and they were both back at their base by 10pm.
Police are appealing for information. Anyone who saw the incident should call the Road Policing Unit on 0345 456 456 4.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space