Man suffers serious injuries in collision near Somersham
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered serious injuries in a collision on the B1040 near Somersham on Friday.
East of England Ambulance crews and a rapid response vehicle from Magpas were called at about 5pm to the crossroads where the B1040 meets Wheatsheaf Road and Bluntisham Heath Road, amid reports of a collision involving two cars.
A spokesman for air ambulance charity Magpas said: "Doctor Mike Thompson, paramedic Alex Pearce and Doctor Ali Hieatt arrived at the scene at 5.40pm via a rapid response vehicle. They had been called to a collision between two cars.
"The Magpas enhanced medical team assessed two patients at the scene. The first, a man in his 30s, fortunately suffered no life-threatening injuries and was left in the care of an ambulance service paramedic crew.
"The second patient - in his 40s - had sustained multiple injuries. The Magpas Air Ambulance team gave him advanced pain relief at the scene, before accompanying him to Addenbrooke's Hospital via land ambulance. The patient was in a stable condition upon arrival.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: "We sent two ambulances, an ambulance officer and Magpas air ambulance. One person was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital and a second person was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further care."
Cambridgeshire police and the fire and rescue service were also in attendance.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status