Man suffers serious injuries following two-car collision in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered serious injuries to his arm following a collision in Ramsey Mereside last night (Thursday).
The incident took place in Oilmills Road, shortly after 5pm and involved two cars.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service crews from Stanground and Ramsey attended and cut the man free of his car before paramedics stepped in.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two ambulances, a Magpas medical car, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer attended the collision, where one vehicle had flipped over.
Two patients were treated with suspected arm injuries - one patient was taken to Hinchingbrooke and the other was taken to Addenbrookes for further care.”
Two other people were assessed by paramedics at the scene but they were discharged from scene and did not require any medical assistance.
A spokesman for Magpas: “Doctor Andy Lindsay and paramedic Keiran Bromley arrived via the Magpas Rapid Response BMW, following a road traffic collision involving two cars.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
“The Helimedix assessed a man in his 50s who had suffered serious injuries to his lower arm.
“The Magpas team put measures into place to protect the patient’s injuries, before he was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in a serious but stable condition, by an ambulance service paramedic crew.”