Man suffers burns after being electrocuted at roadside truck stop
- Credit: Archant
A man was rushed to hospital after suffering an electric shock in Alconbury today (Friday).
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust were called shortly before 11am to Alconbury Truckstop, off the A1(M).
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “A paramedic in a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance crew attended. They treated a man, believed to be in his 50s, who had suffered burns to his hands and chest pain after receiving an electric shock from a refrigerator.”
The man was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further treatment. The spokesman added that the man’s condition was not believed to be life-threatening.