Man suffers broken leg in industrial accident
- Credit: Archant
A man was rushed to hospital after suffering a broken leg in an industrial accident.
The East of England Ambulance Service received a call shortly before 3.30pm today (Tuesday) to Old Great North Road, in Sawtry.
A spokesman for the service said: “An ambulance crew was on scene in three minutes and Magpas air ambulance attended to a report that a metal bar had fallen onto a man’s leg.
“They treated a man in his 20s who had suffered a broken leg.
“He was sedated at the scene and taken to Peterborough City Hospital for further treatment. The air ambulance medics also travelled on the ambulance.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added that the man’s condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?