Man set upon by gang in Huntingdon attack
A MAN was kicked and punched to the ground by a gang in Huntingdon yesterday morning (Wednesday).
The 26-year-old was walking along a footpath next to The Whaddons and Thongsley shortly after midnight when he was attacked by six men.
He was forced to hand over cash before being attacked and was punched and kicked repeatedly. He also lost his shoes.
The victim managed to escape and run home but later went to hospital for treatment of cuts and bruises.
Despite being the second incident in the same area in 10 days, officers say the recent attack is an isolated incident.
You may also want to watch:
On June 10 Paul Breeze was attacked in Thongsley at 2am by at least one man. Mr Breeze, 49, was left with a broken cheekbone.
Detective Constable Becky Mainwood said: “This was a nasty robbery where it appears the group targeted a lone man in a secluded area.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
“I would urge anyone who has any information about who is responsible to call police.
“While this appears to be an isolated incident, people should take the usual precautions of not walking alone in unlit areas late at night.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call DC Mainwood on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.