Man rushed to hospital in serious condition following A141 smash
- Credit: Archant
A man was rushed to hospital in a serious condition following a collision in Old Hurst.
The Magpas air ambulance joined paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service on a stretch of the A141 near the village on Tuesday (March 22), at about 9.30pm, following reports that a car had left the road.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Magpas team assessed the man who was trapped inside the vehicle and had sustained multiple injuries. The patient was provided with strong pain relief and sedated while Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service worked to extract him from the vehicle.
“The Magpas team then accompanied the man by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge. The patient was in a serious but stable condition upon arrival.”
Cambridgeshire police and the fire and rescue service were also called to attend the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire service said that crews from Huntingdon and Ramsey attended the incident.
She added: “Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to rescue one male casualty from a vehicle, who was left in the care of the ambulance service. Crews returned to their stations by 11.20pm.”
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 9 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson