Man rushed to hospital in serious condition following A141 smash
- Credit: Archant
A man was rushed to hospital in a serious condition following a collision in Old Hurst.
The Magpas air ambulance joined paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service on a stretch of the A141 near the village on Tuesday (March 22), at about 9.30pm, following reports that a car had left the road.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The Magpas team assessed the man who was trapped inside the vehicle and had sustained multiple injuries. The patient was provided with strong pain relief and sedated while Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service worked to extract him from the vehicle.
“The Magpas team then accompanied the man by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge. The patient was in a serious but stable condition upon arrival.”
Cambridgeshire police and the fire and rescue service were also called to attend the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire service said that crews from Huntingdon and Ramsey attended the incident.
She added: “Firefighters used specialist cutting equipment to rescue one male casualty from a vehicle, who was left in the care of the ambulance service. Crews returned to their stations by 11.20pm.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k