Man run over trying to stop car thief
- Credit: Archant
A CAR thief ran over the owner of the Audi he was stealing – breaking the man’s leg in two places.
The 38-year-old victim had left his Audi A4 running to de-ice on his driveway in Lowry Road, St Neots, just before 7am on Friday (February 8). He spotted a man climb into the vehicle so ran out to try to stop him taking it.
However, the thief drove off, dragging the victim down the road before he fell under the wheels.
The vehicle was abandoned in Blunham, Bedfordshire, at about 7.30am.
The victim is recovering in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The offender is described as tanned, late 30s to early 40s, well-built, 5’8’’, unshaven with short dark hair.
Detective Constable James Howard said: “This is an appalling crime where the victim has suffered significant injuries while trying to protect his property.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
“The man responsible was clearly willing to go to great lengths in order to steal the vehicle, showing no regard to the safety of others.
“I would urge anyone with information, particularly anyone who saw a white Audi A4 saloon driving erratically on routes between St Neots and Blunham on Friday morning, to call police.”
CONTACT: Anyone with information should call the Huntingdon Serious Crime Team on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.