Man remains in critical condition following smash on B1040
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital following a collision on the B1040 last night (Tuesday).
The smash took place at about 7.15pm in Ramsey Road, between Warboys and Wistow Toll, and involved a Mercedes AMG and a Land Rover Discovery.
The driver of the Mercedes, a 22-year-old man, from Warboys, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
His condition was described by Cambridgeshire police as critical but stable.
The driver of the Discovery, a 66-year-old woman, from Warboys, was taken to Hinchngbrooke Hospital with what officers described as serious, but not life threatening, injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said crews from Ramsey, St Ives and Chatteris attended the collision.
“Two vehicles were involved and two people were extricated from the vehicles by firefighters and taken to hospital,” added the spokesman.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Anyone with information about the collision should contact the road policing unit on 101.