Man remains in critical condition following smash on B1040
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital following a collision on the B1040 last night (Tuesday).
The smash took place at about 7.15pm in Ramsey Road, between Warboys and Wistow Toll, and involved a Mercedes AMG and a Land Rover Discovery.
The driver of the Mercedes, a 22-year-old man, from Warboys, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
His condition was described by Cambridgeshire police as critical but stable.
The driver of the Discovery, a 66-year-old woman, from Warboys, was taken to Hinchngbrooke Hospital with what officers described as serious, but not life threatening, injuries.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said crews from Ramsey, St Ives and Chatteris attended the collision.
“Two vehicles were involved and two people were extricated from the vehicles by firefighters and taken to hospital,” added the spokesman.
- 1 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 2 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 3 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 4 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 5 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 6 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Exclusive look at photograph taken at RAF Warboys from IWM's new The Royal Family in Wartime book
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: 100-person laser tag tournament in woods near Huntingdon
- 10 Meet the volunteers making a difference for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
Anyone with information about the collision should contact the road policing unit on 101.