Man made threatening calls to ex-partner after relationship broke down
- Credit: Archant
A 33-year-old man has pleaded guilty to harassing his ex partner following the break up of their relationship.
Adam Stagg was texting, calling and visiting Lisa Milne in Huntingdon after she told him to no longer wanted to be in a relationship.
Prosecutor Anthea Harris said: “On October 8 and 9 Mr Stagg sent 50 texts and several threatening calls, most of these were unread.”
Over the course of next few days, Stagg continued to contact Miss Milne and visited her at home.
“Mr Stagg turned up at her house, makes threats to kill her, threatens to scratch her car and the next day there is more texts, including an apology,” added Mrs Harris.
Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court heard that Stagg had been suffering with a drug problem that caused the relationship with the Miss Milne to break down.
In a statement to police, Miss Milne said: “Adam needs help and struggles with himself, I genuinely care about him. I feel now I need to take the situation seriously as I feel threatened and scared for my personal safety.”
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
The case was adjourned by magistrate Dr Tessa Kilvington-Shaw until December 1 for pre-sentence reports to be prepared.
Stagg, of Park Mews, Wellingborough, was given bail on the condition that he doesn’t visit Miss Milne’s address or make any attempt to contact her.