Man left seriously injured after ‘industrial accident’
- Credit: Archant
A man was left seriously injured after an incident involving industrial machinery in Sawtry.
The Magpas air ambulance flew to Great North Road on June 25 at around 2.40pm where Magpas doctor Adriana Cordier, paramedic Dan Read and Doctor Simon Lewis treated the casualty.
The East of England Ambulance Service also dispatched an ambulance to attend the man, who had suffered life-changing hand injuries.
A spokesman for Magpas said: “The enhanced medical team assessed the patient who was in his 20s, who had sustained a serious limb injury.
“They sedated the patient and provided him with a local anaesthetic at the scene before accompanying him to Addenbrooke’s Hospital via land ambulance. The man was in a very serious but stable condition upon arrival.”
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service paramedic crew and Cambridge Fire and Rescue Service were also in attendance.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home