Man knocked unconscious in unprovoked attack in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
A man was knocked unconscious in an unprovoked late-night attack in St Neots town centre.
The 31 year old was punched to the ground in the High Street, near Market Square, after being approached by a man at about 2am on Sunday (June 8).
The attacker, who ran off, is described as white, aged 40 to 45, with short cropped hair. He was wearing a long-sleeved grey top, blue jeans and white trainers.
An ambulance was called and the victim was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
Detective Constable Kevin Hills, investigating, said: “This was a nasty, unprovoked attack.
You may also want to watch:
“It is lucky that the victim was not more seriously injured and I would urge anyone who saw what happened, or knows who is responsible, to call police.”
INFORMATION: To help police with their inquiries, call DC Hills on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan