Man who stole cash from OutOut nightclub in St Ives is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who slipped £3,000 of his employer’s takings into his jacket pocket before fleeing back to his hometown of Blackpool, has been jailed.
Richard Dodgson, 40, of Westmorland Avenue, Blackpool, was working as a temporary manager at the OutOut nightclub in St Ives when he stole the cash on November 24.
Owners of the club noticed the money was missing and after checking CCTV, they discovered Dodgson had taken it down to the cellar where it should be kept, but instead of leaving it there, he put it in his jacket pocket and left.
During a police interview, Dodgson was shown the footage of the incident and admitted to the theft. He said he took it to help a friend who was about to get evicted from her home due to rent arrears.
He was sentenced to 11 months in prison when he appeared at Peterborough Crown Court on April 3 for theft and additional separate offences of burglary and breach of bail.
You may also want to watch:
PC Malc Bush, who investigated, said: “Dodgson might have had honourable intentions with the cash, but this is not an excuse to steal from people who gave him a job and paid his wages. The money was not rightfully his.
“I hope this goes to show how seriously we take incidents of theft and we will track offenders down, even if they leave the county.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio