Man jailed for sexual assault in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
A MAN who sexually assaulted a woman in her Ramsey home has been jailed for two years.
Adam Righelato, 21, of no fixed address, forced himself on the victim in the early hours of February 13 after they had earlier met through a mutual friend.
She claimed he pinned her against a wall and threatened her but then left after he was disturbed by her young son.
He stole the victim’s jacket and handbag on the way out of the house.
She called police and Righelato was arrested when he returned to the house a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
He was convicted of sexual assault, threats to kills and two counts of theft following a trial at Peterborough Crown Court. He was cleared of attempted rape.
Righelato was sentenced at Peterborough on Friday (August 30). He was given two years in prison for the sexual assault and two years for the threats to kill, to be served concurrently.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
He will also be on the sex offenders’ register for 10 years.
Detective Constable Mark Andrews said: “This was a very distressing ordeal for the victim who genuinely feared she would be seriously assaulted.
“She has shown great courage to go to court and give evidence in order to bring him to justice.”