Man is jailed for sexually assaulting boy
- Credit: Archant
A Ramsey man has been jailed after admitting sexually assaulting on a boy and a string of indecent image offences.
Matthew Ward, 31, was arrested on February 13 at his home in Vinery Court, following a police warrant and search at the property. Officers seized data storage devices which were found to contain indecent images of children.
They also found indecent footage of two young boys on his mobile phone taken covertly inside a public toilet at a London theatre. The boys have never been identified.
Images and footage taken from other devices revealed Ward had sexually assaulted a boy.
Ward pleaded guilty to sexual assault of a boy under 13, two counts of taking indecent images of children, two counts of possessing indecent images of children (relating to 217 images and videos) and two counts of making indecent images of children (relating to 731 images and videos).
You may also want to watch:
On Monday (April 11), he was jailed for three years and four months at Peterborough Crown Court. He was also made subject of a 10-year sexual harm prevention order, meaning he will be monitored on his release and be under tight restrictions.
DC Steve Martin, who investigated, said: “These are very serious offences, which include creating his own indecent images, and this is reflected in the sentence.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
“Ward is clearly a danger to children but the sexual harm prevention order means he will have restrictions on his movements on release and will be closely monitored by police.”