Man in life threatening condition following cardiac arrest in Sawtry
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital in a life-threatening condition following a cardiac arrest.
East of England Ambulance Service along with the Magpas air ambulance team were called to the incident in Fen Lane, in Sawtry, at around 2.50pm to reports that the man, in his 40s, had collapsed.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: A paramedic was on scene in two minutes, closely followed by an ambulance, two ambulance officers, and the Magpas air ambulance team.
“The patient was taken to Peterborough City Hospital by land ambulance, and is thought to be in a life-threatening condition.”
Residents reported seeing the air ambulance land at Sawtry Day Nursery earlier this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Police were also at the incident to help deal with the scene while the man received treatment.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives