Man in life threatening condition following cardiac arrest in Sawtry
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital in a life-threatening condition following a cardiac arrest.
East of England Ambulance Service along with the Magpas air ambulance team were called to the incident in Fen Lane, in Sawtry, at around 2.50pm to reports that the man, in his 40s, had collapsed.
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: A paramedic was on scene in two minutes, closely followed by an ambulance, two ambulance officers, and the Magpas air ambulance team.
“The patient was taken to Peterborough City Hospital by land ambulance, and is thought to be in a life-threatening condition.”
Residents reported seeing the air ambulance land at Sawtry Day Nursery earlier this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Police were also at the incident to help deal with the scene while the man received treatment.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online