Man in hospital in critical condition after being attacked in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A MAN is in hospital with serious head injuries after he was attacked in Huntingdon yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
The man, in his 30s, was assaulted in Bevan Close at 3.50pm. Magpas Helimedix doctor Jon Birks and paramedic Robert Riches anaesthetised the man to protect his brain.
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, where he arrived in a critical condition.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a man being assaulted in Bevan Close, Huntingdon, shortly before 4pm yesterday (Wednesday).
“Emergency services attended and the man, who is in his 30s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where he remains with serious head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“A 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and is in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens