Man remains in critical condition after collapsing in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A man remains in a critical condition in hospital after he collapsed in Huntingdon on Friday.
Police were called to reports of a distraction burglary in Hartford Road at about 12.40pm.
Upon arrival, a man was taken ill at the scene and the East of England Ambulance Service and East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to assist the man, who had gone into cardiac arrest.
It is understood there is no suggestion of foul play in relation to the man’s collapse.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Police were called on Friday at around 12.40pm to reports of a distraction burglary in Hartford Road, Huntingdon. A man was taken ill at the scene and taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital where he remains in critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
“An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should contact us on 101 quoting incident 203 of March 15.”
A spokesman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance confirmed one of its helicopters had attended the scene.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester