Man remains in critical condition after collapsing in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A man remains in a critical condition in hospital after he collapsed in Huntingdon on Friday.
Police were called to reports of a distraction burglary in Hartford Road at about 12.40pm.
Upon arrival, a man was taken ill at the scene and the East of England Ambulance Service and East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to assist the man, who had gone into cardiac arrest.
It is understood there is no suggestion of foul play in relation to the man’s collapse.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Police were called on Friday at around 12.40pm to reports of a distraction burglary in Hartford Road, Huntingdon. A man was taken ill at the scene and taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital where he remains in critical condition.
“An investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should contact us on 101 quoting incident 203 of March 15.”
A spokesman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance confirmed one of its helicopters had attended the scene.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 6 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 7 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told