Man hospitalised after ‘violent attack’ in Colne
- Credit: Archant
A man was hospitalised and a woman injured after they were attacked in Colne.
The incident took place at about 1.30pm on Saturday (June 4) at an address in Earith Road, with three men attacking the pair in what police described as the “latest in a series of linked offences”.
PSV Chris Shaw, of Cambridgeshire police, said: “A violent incident took place in which a man was seriously assaulted by three males and required hospital treatment as a result. A female was also assaulted and threatened.
“The incident is believed to be the latest in a series of linked offences.”
In the aftermath of the incident, a 48-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was arrested on suspicion of assault, GBH, criminal damage and harassment, and taken to Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
The man was later released on bail, to return to Parkside on July 5.
Anyone with information on the incident should contact Cambridgeshire police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service