Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Police
A man who died following a collision on the A1123 last week has been named.
The incident, involving a white Ford Ranger and a grey Citroen DS3, happened at 3.45pm on June 15 near Bluntisham.
The driver or the Ford, Dennis Dear, 68, of Cooks Drove, Earith, was pronounced dead at the scene.
In a tribute, Dennis’ family said: “Dennis leaves behind two sons and four grandchildren who he loved dearly.”
The driver of the Citroen, a man in his 20s from Downham Market, remained at the scene and was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses, dashcam footage or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 5 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 10 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise