Man dies following three-vehicle collision in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has died following an accident in Littleport.
Police say three vehicles were involved in the incident which took place shortly before 2pm today in New River Bank – near to The Swan on the River pub and restaurant.
Four other people were treated at the scene for injuries before being taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
The road has been closed and emergency services remain at the scene. A helicopter sent by Magpas was also in attendance, a spokesman said: “When the Helimedix team arrived sadly one of the occupants was pronounced dead at the scene - our thoughts are with family at this time.
“The Magpas team then assessed and administered pain relief to another occupant, a man in his late teens who had suffered a pelvic injury. They applied a pelvic splint before taking him in a land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where on arrival he was in a serious but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
“Three of the other patients have a multitude of minor injuries and were taken by land ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.”
Motorists are being advised to avoid the area. Any witnesses should call police on 101.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k