Man dies after reports of an explosion in Warboys
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after police were called to reports of an explosion in Warboys on Friday (April 21).
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said officers were called at 8.15am to a premises in Puddock Road, and the force remained at the scene throughout the day, with a cordon put in place.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue also confirmed its attendance. The explosion is believed to have taken place at a farm.
Police said they have completed an investigation, and passed the incident onto the Health and Safety Executive.
The spokesman added there are no suspicious circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We received a call at 8.15am to reports of an industrial incident on Puddock Road in Warboys. We dispatched a medical response car from Magpas, a rapid response vehicle, ambulance crew, ambulance officer, and co response unit from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service.
“Sadly nothing could be done for a man at the scene and he was pronounced dead. Our thoughts are with those involved at this time.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive said they are aware of the incident and are investigating.