Man dies after falling from A1(M) bridge at Sawtry
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after falling from a bridge onto the A1(M) last night (Monday).
Officers received calls at 8.20pm with concerns for a man sitting on the Sawtry flyover threatening to jump off.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “About 10 minutes later he did fall from the flyover and was killed.
“We are not treating the death as suspicious and the file has been passed to the coroner.”
He added the man was 39-years-old.
You may also want to watch:
The road was completely shut between junctions 15 and 16 but the southbound carriageway opened not long after the incident. The northbound carriageway was shut until about 2am.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion