Man charged with murder in connection with death in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of Andrew Hasler in St Ives have charged a man with murder.
Matthew Sharpe, 40, from St Neots, was arrested on Sunday afternoon (January 8) after police were called to a violent incident in St Ives.
Officers were called at about 12.40pm with reports of violence in Houghton Road and on arrival found two people were injured.
Andrew Hasler, 28, of Houghton Road, in St Ives, suffered multiple stab wounds and died at the scene.
A 27-year-old woman, from Huntingdon, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, for treatment. She was released on Tuesday (January 10).
You may also want to watch:
Sharpe was transferred to Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge, on Tuesday evening after spending time in hospital.
Yesterday evening (Wednesday) he was charged with the murder of Hasler and the attempted murder of the 27-year-old woman. He has been remanded in police custody to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court this morning (Thursday).
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k