Man charged with causing death by careless driving after two are killed when car plunges into ditch in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with the death of two women after a car plunged into a ditch in Ramsey last week.
Ionut Cosmin, 21, of Sutton Road in Spalding, Lincolnshire, was driving a silver Mazda 6 at about 7.15am on Friday (October 13) when it left Puddock Road and went into a water-filled ditch.
Two women, who were travelling in the rear of the car, died at the scene.
Cosmin and another man, who was travelling in the front of the car, managed to get out and were taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon, with minor injuries.
On Saturday (October 14) Cosmin appeared at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court charged with two counts of death by careless driving.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Crown Court on November 10.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph