Man attacked with claw hammer and robbed in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed in Eaton Ford.
The 28-year-old man was walking to a friend’s house on Saturday, October 31, after a night out in St Neots town centre.
Sometime between 11pm and midnight he walked across Market Square and began walking over Town Bridge, towards the Eatons, when he was approached by two men walking in the opposite direction.
The men asked the victim for some spare change and upon refusal they assaulted him with a claw hammer before making off with £5 and a bank card.
Detective Sergeant Iain Moor, said: “This was a nasty attack which has caused serious injuries.”
The police are urging anyone who witnessed the attack or has any information to get in contact on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 8 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 9 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed