Man assaulted on A428 near St Neots after road rage incident
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted following a road rage incident on the A428 near St Neots.
The 21-year-old victim was driving along the road, from St Neots to Cambridge, near Eltisley Manor, at about 7.30pm on Saturday (July 4) when a black Vauxhall Insignia overtook and drew level with him.
A car was coming the other way so the Vauxhall moved back into lane, colliding with the victim’s car.
Both cars pulled over and as the victim tried to call police he was punched twice in the face. The suspect then got back into his car with another man and drove off.
The attacker is described as being about 5’10”, 21 to 40, with short brown hair and had an Irish accent.
You may also want to watch:
Det Cons Karen Rossi, who is investigating the matter, said: “I am keen to trace the driver of the Vauxhall, which had the registration LT15 OHH, and I would encourage anyone who thinks they saw the incident itself or the vehicle before or after to contact me.
“The victim received minor injuries and was shaken by what happened.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
INFO: Anyone with information should contact DC Rossi on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.