Man assaulted on A428 near St Neots after road rage incident
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was assaulted following a road rage incident on the A428 near St Neots.
The 21-year-old victim was driving along the road, from St Neots to Cambridge, near Eltisley Manor, at about 7.30pm on Saturday (July 4) when a black Vauxhall Insignia overtook and drew level with him.
A car was coming the other way so the Vauxhall moved back into lane, colliding with the victim’s car.
Both cars pulled over and as the victim tried to call police he was punched twice in the face. The suspect then got back into his car with another man and drove off.
The attacker is described as being about 5’10”, 21 to 40, with short brown hair and had an Irish accent.
Det Cons Karen Rossi, who is investigating the matter, said: “I am keen to trace the driver of the Vauxhall, which had the registration LT15 OHH, and I would encourage anyone who thinks they saw the incident itself or the vehicle before or after to contact me.
“The victim received minor injuries and was shaken by what happened.”
- 1 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 2 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 3 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 4 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 5 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 6 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 7 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 8 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 9 Rumpelstiltskin panto coming to Buckden this weekend
- 10 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
INFO: Anyone with information should contact DC Rossi on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.