Man assaulted in Huntingdon town centre graveyard still in hospital two weeks after attack
A MAN is still in hospital two weeks after being attacked in a Huntingdon graveyard.
The 35-year-old suffered serious head injuries when he was assaulted in the graveyard of St Mary’s Church, in the town centre, at around 2am on Sunday, April 8.
He is in a stable condition but still in hospital.
Officers were asking people near the church on Sunday (April 22) morning to see if they saw anything.
Detective Constable Suzanne Pickard said: “We spoke to a number of people on Sunday morning to try and trace people who may have been in the area two weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
“There are still a number of witnesses who we know were in the area and have not yet come forward.
“I would urge those people to get in touch with me or go through Crimestoppers.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and has been bailed to return to Huntingdon Police Station today.
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call DC Pickard on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.