Man assaulted in hockey stick incident in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Police are concerned for the welfare of a man who was assaulted after being chased by three attackers armed with a hockey stick.
They have released CCTV images of men they want to talk to about the incident which took place in St Neots in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Police, who are appealing for information about the attack, said the incident happened near industrial units in Cromwell Road at about 3.40am on January 1 where they had received reports of a suspected burglary.
They said three men had chased another man down the road with a hockey stick before assaulting him.
“Officers are concerned for the victim’s welfare and would like to identify him. They would also like to speak with the three men in the CCTV images,” a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
Police discovered the incident after being called to a suspected burglary in Cromwell Road at 11.20am on New Year’s and spotted the attack while checking a CCTV recording.
The spokesman said: “No entry was gained but blood was found at the scene and upon viewing the CCTV footage it was apparent the assault had taken place.”
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Information can be given to police on www.cambspolice.uk/report, quoting CF0001200118 or by calling 101.