Man assaulted in hockey stick incident in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
Police are concerned for the welfare of a man who was assaulted after being chased by three attackers armed with a hockey stick.
They have released CCTV images of men they want to talk to about the incident which took place in St Neots in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
Police, who are appealing for information about the attack, said the incident happened near industrial units in Cromwell Road at about 3.40am on January 1 where they had received reports of a suspected burglary.
They said three men had chased another man down the road with a hockey stick before assaulting him.
“Officers are concerned for the victim’s welfare and would like to identify him. They would also like to speak with the three men in the CCTV images,” a spokesman said.
Police discovered the incident after being called to a suspected burglary in Cromwell Road at 11.20am on New Year’s and spotted the attack while checking a CCTV recording.
The spokesman said: “No entry was gained but blood was found at the scene and upon viewing the CCTV footage it was apparent the assault had taken place.”
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 10 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
Information can be given to police on www.cambspolice.uk/report, quoting CF0001200118 or by calling 101.