Man arrested on suspicion of murder following ‘incident’ at property in Cambourne
- Credit: Archant
A woman who was taken to hospital following an incident at a property in Cambourne yesterday (Wednesday) has died in hospital.
Police were called by the East of England Ambulance Service to Lamb Drove at 1.35am.
The woman, aged 55, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, in a critical condition but died yesterday afternoon after her condition deteriorated.
A 43-year-old man from Cambourne, who was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, has now been rearrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody at Parkside Police Station, Cambridge.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Investigations continue at the scene and officers are keeping the family of the victim up to date.”
A post mortem examination is due to take place on Friday.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting incident 22 of December 5 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 9 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter