Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after car crashes into house
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a car crashed into a house in Ramsey Forty Foot in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Police and fire crews were called to Ramsey Road at about 2am following reports that a car had left the road and crashed into a house.
According to officers, nobody was seriously injured in the incident.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We were called at 2.15am to reports of a car crashing into a house in Ramsey Road.
“A 29-year-old man from Huntingdon was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of a class B or C drug and taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was later released on bail to return to Thorpe Wood Police Station on May 4.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said:
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
“One crew from Ramsey, one crew from Chatteris and one crew from Huntingdon were called to a road traffic collision.
“Firefighters arrived to find a car had left the road and collided with a house. They assisted one female casualty from the building and made the area safe.”