Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after car crashes into house
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a car crashed into a house in Ramsey Forty Foot in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Police and fire crews were called to Ramsey Road at about 2am following reports that a car had left the road and crashed into a house.
According to officers, nobody was seriously injured in the incident.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We were called at 2.15am to reports of a car crashing into a house in Ramsey Road.
“A 29-year-old man from Huntingdon was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of a class B or C drug and taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was later released on bail to return to Thorpe Wood Police Station on May 4.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said:
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
“One crew from Ramsey, one crew from Chatteris and one crew from Huntingdon were called to a road traffic collision.
“Firefighters arrived to find a car had left the road and collided with a house. They assisted one female casualty from the building and made the area safe.”