Man arrested in St Neots after reports of man in street with axe
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in St Neots and is being questioned by police after reports of a man seen in the street with an axe.
Police were called to St Neots at just after 10am this morning (Friday) and schools in the area were put on lock-down and pupils kept inside.
Sports Day has been cancelled at Bushmead School in Eaton Socon and parents have been asked to collect their children.
The school sent out text messages to parents advising them to pick up their children, if possible.
The Hunts Post has received reports that several St Neots schools are on lock-down as a safety precaution after the man was spotted with an axe.
Police notified schools, and local people were given safety advice.
The incident follows a similar one yesterday where a man was seen in Marchioness Way in Eaton Socon with an air rifle. Schools were put on lock-down and pupils were kept inside. It is not known at this stage whether the two incidents are connected.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Sawtry Village Academy support 'DOGTOBER' initiative
- 10 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed