Man arrested in connection with knife-point robbery at shop in Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a shop in Godmanchester on Saturday.
Officers were called at around 6pm to One Stop, in The Causeway, after reports of a man wielding a knife had entered the premises.
Police have confirmed that a 36-year-old man, from Huntingdon, has been arrested and bailed on suspicion of armed robbery.
A spokesman for the constabulary said: “The man went into the shop and jumped into the till area. Staff went into a back room and he then forced open a till and stole cash before fleeing.”
According to the spokesman the man has been put on conditional bail until January 7.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester