Man arrested in assault on teenager in St Ives
An 18-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the assault on a teenager in St Ives.
An 18-year-old man has been arrested in connection with an assault on a teenager in St Ives.
A teenager, also 18, was walking towards the town centre with a friend at about 2.30am on Sunday (May 20) when he was punched repeatedly in the stomach.
Three men approached them and one punched the victim seven times.
He fell to the ground but was able to get back on his feet and run towards the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
He was left shaken by the attack but not seriously hurt.
Police say the assault is being linked to an earlier confrontation between two groups of youths outside Poundland in the town.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
DC Karin Peters, investigating, said: “We know there were a lot of people in the area at the time and I would appeal to them to come forward as they could have important information.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Peters on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.