Man charged over fatal collision
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with a fatal crash on the A1198 at Hilton.
The collision, involving two vehicles, took place on Lattenbury Hill at about 1.30pm on Saturday (15 September).
Panayot Georgiev, 27, of Mowbray Road, Cambridge, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
He is due to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
The head-on collision involved a white Ford Transit van and a black Volkswagen Golf.
You may also want to watch:
The passenger in the Golf, Marion Seymour, 82, of Potton Road, Hilton, died at the scene.
The driver of the Golf, a woman in her 50s, was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital. She suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed